|Ric Cognitive Approach®|
Evidence-based Specialized Program
*Applicable to any subjects once the students are able to apply the approach learnt to schoolwork
- Focusing on promoting excellence in academic performance, intellectual and IQ development
- Developing the highest potential of each individual student
- Enhancing fluid intelligence (IQ) with scientific evidence (please click here)
- Empowering working memory with concrete evidence (please click here)
- Promoting better academic performance with concrete evidence (please click here)
- Developing creativity, positive attitude and self-confidence in learning
- Reducing study time by engaging brain-based method into schoolwork
- Experience the joy of learning and become a life-long learner
- Focus is on both academics and brain development
- Each session lasts for 1.5 hours
- Maximum 6 students per practitioner
- Group according to biological age follow by mental age (the knowing/gifted child)
- Student-practitioner interaction, no computerized tasks
- Working memory and brain training followed by schoolwork-application training
- Students will be administered with standardized IQ tests and Imagery Drawing Tests for the measurement of IQ
The Evidence-based Specialized Program is a 1.5 hours weekly session of cognitive and brain training, 10 sessions per term. As this program is to prepare students for the major exams, the initial working memory and brain training is reduced to 3-6 months. Thereafter, during schoolwork-application training, students will learn how to engage the brain-based method into different school-subjects. Depending on the ability and diligence of individual, within a session of 1.5 hours, we may coach up to 4 school-subjects during the schoolwork-application stage. For students who start off with either 1 or 2 subject(s), depending on their progress, more subject(s) may be introduced at a later stage. Our practitioners will advise students individually on the number of school subjects based on their capabilities.
Our professional practitioners will mentor and guide students on various strategies such as our RRIW 4-Step, 8-Step Academic Progression and Multiple Coding Theory. Subsequently, students will apply these effective methodologies into their studies.
During the span of our program, the following will be conducted periodically:
- Working memory and brain training
- IQ tests and drawing tests
- Collecting information on their holistic development profile/school progress report
- Meeting parents for progress review and responding to their academic performance.
Many students choose to stay on with our program after many years, and this group of students demonstrated the most enhancements in IQ, working memory and academic performance.
Note: Please click on Evidence on our students’ progressions for IQ, Memory and Academic Performance.
I studied for about one and a half year in Ric Cognitive Learning Center and my results have improved tremendously since then. I am now studying in Nanyang Girls Secondary with a T-Score of 269+2 for my PSLE. I feel that Ric Cognitive Apporach has helped me a lot throughout my PSLE journey.
I always enjoy studying in the center as I will not be distracted easily. When I am tired, I could take a short break. This method of studying is effective as I am able to absorb the information better than storing all the information and overstressing my brain. Ric Cognitive Approach® uses very unique and useful techniques, different from other tuition centres, to enhance my studies. After attending the lessons, I am now able to memorise essays very quickly.
The teachers are also very helpful and encouraging. I hardly feel bored from studying or attending the lessons. Ric Cognitive is indeed an excellent place for everyone to learn and study at. – H. Y., Secondary 1, Student of PSLE I’m Ready!
I really feel that Ric Cognitive Approach® has helped me achieve greater heights in my studies. I thought Ric Cognitive Approach® would be like some ordinary tuition where the teacher would teach us a subject and give us homework to do. But after joining, I realized that I was completely wrong.
Since I joined Ric Cognitive Approach® at the end of Primary 5, I had to apply Ric Cognitive Approach® to my studies for PSLE. It was not an easy task as it was rather foreign to me but with Teacher Ric’s help, I was able to apply it well into my studies within a short period of time. From then on, my grades improved and I was able to remember things faster and easier. I really enjoyed the lessons as its not all about studies. Whenever I get stressed up revising for PSLE, he would tell my group jokes and play games with us. Therefore, Ric Cognitive Approach® has really helped me achieve good grades in PSLE and also remember things quicker. – B. C., Primary 6, Student of PSLE I’m Ready!
I joined RIC with my sister after my parents saw the improvement my sister had in the Holiday Program. I was in Secondary 4 then but I faced a lot of difficulties in my studies, having mediocre results and had problems memorising the content for ‘O’ Levels next year. After one year of preparation using Ric Cognitive Approach®, my results improved tremendously and I obtained a L1R4 of 14 and managed to enter the course of my choice in Temasek Polytechnic. The method learnt in RIC is a life-long learning method and a method that I am able to apply easily in the future. – C. L., Secondary 5, Student of ‘O’ Levels I’m Ready!