|Ric Cognitive Approach®|
Evidence-based Developmental Program
*Applicable to any subjects once the students are able to apply the approach learnt to schoolwork
- Focusing on promoting excellence in intellectual development, IQ and academic performance
- Developing the highest potential of each individual student
- Enhancing fluid intelligence (IQ) with scientific evidence (please click here)
- Empowering working memory with concrete evidence (please click here)
- Promoting better academic performance with concrete evidence (please click here)
- Developing creativity, positive attitude and self-confidence in learning
- Reducing study time by engaging brain-based method into schoolwork
- Experience the joy of learning and become a life-long learner
- Each session lasts for 1.5 hours
- Maximum 6 students per practitioner
- Group according to biological age followed by mental age (the knowing/gifted child)
- Student-practitioner interaction, no computerized tasks
- Working memory and brain training conducted before schoolwork-application training
- Students will be administered with standardized IQ tests and Imagery Drawing Tests for the measurement of IQ
- Main focus is on brain development followed by academic performance
The Evidence-based Developmental Program is a 1.5 hours weekly session of cognitive and brain training, 10 sessions per term. Depending on the nature of each individual, the initial working memory and brain training will last between 7-9 months. Thereafter, during schoolwork-application training, students will learn how to engage the brain-based method into their school subjects. Depending on the ability and diligence of each individual, within a session of 1.5 hours, we are able to coach up to 4 subjects during the schoolwork-application stage. For students who start off with either 1 or 2 subject(s), depending to their progress, more subject(s) may be introduced at a later stage. Our practitioners will advise students individually on the number of school subjects based on their capabilities.
Our professional practitioners will mentor and guide students on various strategies such as our RRIW 4-Step, 8-Step Academic Progression and Multiple Coding Theory. Subsequently, students will apply these effective methodologies into their studies.
During the span of our program, the following will be conducted periodically:
- Working memory and brain training
- IQ tests and drawing tests
- Collecting information on their holistic development profile/school progress report
- Meeting parents for progress review and responding to their academic performance.
Many students choose to stay on with our program after many years, and this group of students demonstrated the most enhancements in IQ, working memory and academic performance.
Note: Please click on Evidence on our students’ progressions for IQ, Memory and Academic Performance.
I found that I benefited a lot since the day I joined Ric Cognitive Learning Center. My results improved drastically and I’ve gained more confidence towards my studies. My memory improved as I can remember things in a flash and it helped me a lot in my studies. I feel very lucky to have joined RIC. Thank you so much! – H. Y., Secondary 2, Student
When I first joined Ric Cognitive Learning Center, I remember failing every single test. After completing the Holiday Camp, I scored almost 100% for the post-test. I joined the weekly course where I learnt how to apply the skills taught during Holiday Camp to my schoolwork.
For Mathematics and Science, I did the exercises in assessments books and used their method to understand and imagine the steps and concepts behind the questions so that I will be able to solve similar questions if it comes out. For languages, I imagined various compositions so that I am able to combine the good phrases into one composition. – H. L., Secondary 1, Student
I joined RIC since 2009. The teachers were kind, caring and patient. They guided me through my studies and taught me useful techniques that could be used in many ways for my studies. Throughout these years, it’s not just my results that improved tremendously but my learning methods as well. The techniques they taught were very effective. I am able to remember the important points quickly and clearly whenever I use it in my studies. This helped me a lot, especially in Science, where I had to remember facts.
I am really grateful to Teacher Ric and Teacher June for their guidance. Whenever I made a mistake, they would ensure that I learn from it and not repeat it. They try to make the lessons interesting by telling jokes and playing games. They have never failed to make me laugh during lessons. I really enjoyed my time here. Now that I am in Secondary School, stress gets bigger and workload gets heavier. Luckily with the methods learnt, I am able to cope and handle with new subjects. It has definitely been an enriching and memorable journey. – Z. W., Primary 6, Student.